Monday, December 29, 2014

Direction, is More Important Than Speed

Direction, is More Important Than Speed
“Speed is useful only important if you are running
In the right direction.”
Joel Barker, Future Edge

As I see it . . . . . . .
Direction, is more important than speed

I’m late; I’m late for an important date

“I’m late; I’m late for A very important date. No time to
 say hello, good-bye, I’m late and when I wave, I lose
       time, to save. My fuzzy ears and whiskers took
      me too much time to shave. I run and I hop,
     hop, hop, I wish that I could fly. There’s
    danger id I dare to Stop and here’s the
reason why: I’m over-due, I’m in
 a rabbit stew. Can’t even
say good-bye,
Hello, I’m late, I’m late, I’m late.”

As sang by White Rabbit in Alice in Wonderland

We all know people like White Rabbit . . . . There hurrying around from pillar to post leaving a trail of dust behind them. But they’re not going anywhere fast.

They’re moving as fast as they can go from task to task. There’s a lot of motion but there’s very little . . . . or no progress. They have all the balls in the air . . . . and will juggle as many as they can at any one time. But when everything is said . . . . and done juggling doesn't get things.

Positive focused activity . . . . gets things done.

It’s the direction that your success journey in moving in that’s important not the speed.

You will be judged on the quality of what you successfully complete . . . . and the quality of your work. Fast is not a substitute for quality and in most cases it will not create satisfied customers . . . . repeat business . . . . or referrals.

Your success journey is not about the speed of the success journey. It’s about the direction that you’re headed in and creates the stepping stones of successes along the way to achieve your goals.

Going fast may look good or feel good at the time . . . . but activity without a focused directions . . . . and quality results leaves a trail of unfulfilled promises. It will also take you off course to the point where it becomes very challenging to get back on track . . . . and to successfully move in the direction of achieving your goals.

When you focus on your objections . . . . and commit yourself to achieving them you will progress in the right direction.

I’m late; I’m late for an important date is not a substitute for quality.

Direction, is more important than speed.

©2014 Lou Ludwig Motivational Power Quote, Sales and Management Consultant, Success Coach, Speaker, Trainer and Author


No comments: