Saturday, December 11, 2010

Listening is an Art

Motivational Power Quote

Listening is an Art
“I remind myself every morning.
Nothing, I say this day will teach me anything.
So if I’m going to learn, I must
do it by listening.”
Larry King, TV talk show host


As I see it. . . . . . . .


Listening is an art


A proactive listener is a professional communicator and controls the conversation through the art of active listening.


A professional communicator practice the 80 - 20 rule of communications, speaking and asking questions about twenty percent of the time to accumulate information.


They will encourage the other person speak eighty percent of the time. The listener accumulates valuable information by encouraging the other person to speak.


The person with the most information is in a powers position in the relationship and that information is use correctly the person creates a strategic business advantage.


The professional communicator accumulates invaluable information to assist customers in the buying, selling and in the negotiating process.


Listening is an art and listening is the pathway to your success and achieving your goals. The professional communicator understands that the person who controls the information stays in control of the process.


©2010 Lou Ludwig, Sales and Management Consultant, Success Coach, Speaker, Trainer and Author







No comments: